School Can Really Expand a Mind
Book Review Sheet
Number of Pages: ________ Genre: ___________________ Source: _______________
Student: By signing below, I attest that I read this book in its entirety as prescribed by the SCREAM Reading Program. This is the first time I have read this book.
Please circle one: I read this book this: month semester school year.
Student Signature_____________________________________ Date______________
Teachers: Please indicate that the student has read and understood the following aspects of the book with a check mark by each category.
______ Plot outline (including main conflict)
______ One interesting detail or of the book
To receive points, students must have a copy of the book with them when they give the review. Did the student have a copy of the book when giving the review? YES or NO
In my opinion this student successfully read and reported on this book.
Teacher Signature: ______________________________ Date: ____________
For Library Use Only:
SCREAM Points Awarded _______ BY _______ CB Book _____ Rec By ___
- All books for SCREAM must be at least 100 pages in length and first time reads.
- Students may give ONLY two reports per day, per teacher.
- Manga and graphic novels will earn a maximum of 15 points, regardless of length.
- Students will receive an additional 50 points for each SCREAM review they write which is published in Stall Talk.
- Theme is NOT a moral. Theme is underlying meaning of a story which often comments on life, human nature or society. (Not what people should do; what they do do.)
For chances to win SCREAM prizes, please print your name legibly and circle your grade.
Name____________________________________________ Grade: 9 10 11 12